August Art

 Managed a couple of pieces this month, and I'm actually pretty proud of both of them. Very different exercises, but both turned out exactly as I had imagined them, which is always nice. It doesn't happen all that often so when it does, it's a neat personal type of joy.


First up was my attempt to pay homage to the work Dave McKean did on Sandman. With the Netflix adaptation now out, I could not resist a tribute to Dream of the Endless.

 


 

I was very happy with the result. Trying to be inspired by a very different style was an interesting experiment. 


Next up was a character piece ...



This was one that came out of some random thought processes when thinking about what kind of magical items a modern wizard may own. Like some contemporary D&D shenanigans. So I came up with this one. 

 

Yes, the coat is watching you!

Comments