The Cawl of Nurgle

Last weekend saw the arrival of the latest addition to my Corrupted Ad Mech project. Namely, the character that will lead the army into battle, a conversion of Belisarius Cawl.


This one was a lot of fun to put convert and paint as I ended up utilizing a bunch of spare parts from the Age of Sigmar Blightlords box, and a not unsubstantial amount of green stuff!


The Nurgling in his chest cavity was an important character note for him. The entire theme of this army is that a particularly devoted group of demonic nurglings have corrupted an Ad Mech force, turning them to the worship of Nurgle, so that piece was a perfect fit!



Then on to the rust layers!


I'm pretty comfortable now with my technique for the rusting metal section of these models after refining it while I worked on the Death Guard army last year!


Of course he needed a suitably corrupted base as well. Using a combination of Nurgle's Rot and 'ardcoat gives it a great sticky and slimy texture that sells the liquid surface nicely.


Then I used the same green color scheme to take him through to completion.I trimmed the rusted area with a dull gold to give them some contrast. The blue highlights for the weapons was also important to provide a little break-up from the muted palette of rust and greens.


Overall I'm very happy with how he turned out!




Not entirely sure yet what unit will be next up for the conversion and corruption process. I'm torn between the Castellan Robots and the other Armiger.



Comments