Landscape Experiments

I've been trying to work on my digital painting skills quite a bit this year. Part of that has been challenging myself to tackle new things. So, as part of that, over the last week I set myself another mini-challenge to experiment with some digital landscape paintings. 

The idea here was to take some time every night for a week and work on a different piece.

Results varied in terms of being happy with them, but it was a fun process and I learned some new techniques. There are a couple here I really liked, and some I decidedly did not, but each taught me something. 

I find these focused challenge style practice techniques to be very effective for me. It's always impressive how much even a little bit of a routine can bolster your learning.








You can find the full size versions over on the portfolio here.



Comments