It's Tau time again!

I have been looking forward to the recent release wave from Games Workshop for a while. I have been an avid Tau Empire player for a good few years now, so I've been excited to start to tackle the new kits.

I also decided to treat myself (It was my birthday a few weeks ago), and grab the new Titan scale specialty kit that Forgeworld have released for the Tau. That one is going to take me some time to paint - It's huge! - so I've been splitting time between working on that tackling some of the new kits.

The KX139 Ta’unar Supremacy Armour is a beast of a kit. It's not going to be a quick project, but I've started things up!

The body alone stands far taller than the Riptide suits, and once it's massive cannons are added it'll stand as tall as some of the smaller Imperial Titans. It is going to be quite the project, but I'm looking on it as a challenge. Certainly the largest kit I have tackled in many years. 


I'll be going with the my usual red, black, and white scheme that I use for all my Tau suits. I hope it scales with the size of this guy!


To break up that work I spent some time on the new Stealth Suit. It's actually also really large for a single suit. Standing much taller than the Crisis Suits.

Tau XV95 Ghostkeel Battlesuit

I was pretty happy with the results. All of my stealth units are painted in the blue / black scheme rather than my usual red so that it sets them apart on the battlefield. It also serves as good break-up from all that red I'm going to have to tackle for the next month or so!

Tau XV95 Ghostkeel Battlesuit

Next up will be some more more work on the big guy, and then maybe the new Commander sculpt, and a Breacher team.

Lot's to do, lot's to do!

Comments