The Dam

An unexpected weekend trip to Las Vegas provided an opportunity to take a detour to the Hoover Dam. It's a spot I have always wanted to get the chance to photograph, in particular since they built the new bridge further down the canyon, and I had my wide angle lens with me ...

Hoover Dam

... because it sure does provide an awesome view!

Hoover Dam

It also frames some interesting shots from the other direction as well.

The sheer scale of the construction project is still mightily impressive, and the early century styling that went into the facades and surrounding decor definitely calls back to a time when society felt like it was stretching out from the great depression and reaching for something more.

Hoover Dam

I also loved this statue outside the visitors center.

Hoover Dam

I was very glad we took the time out to take that detour and get these shots!

Comments