I think ...

... Gunpoint is great. I have already mentioned it on Twitter, but it's probably one of the best games I have played in recent times. A wicked dry sense of humour, and just the right amount of brain teasing involved in figuring out the games challenges, and some great pacing. It's a touch on the short side, but considering the it essentially comes from a single developer its a fantastic achievement. Check it out now, you won't regret it ...

... I am glad to see Falling Skies back on the air! It has made me care for these characters now, and with each season finding a way to change things up on us. While the whole 'look, we are seven months on' comments got a little tired in the season opener, the new aliens and increased stakes look like they will keep things interesting. I really hope that the new Robert Sean Leonard played 'mad scientist' type character sticks around as well, there be potential there beyond the anti-social scientist steroetype ...

... speaking of TV sci-fi its been a good year so far! With the excellent Orphan Black, new Black Mirror, and some intriguing title in the upcoming new US TV seasons (most looking forward to SHIELD and Almost Human) it is shaping up to be one of the better years for genre shows on TV ...

... for the first time in quite a few years E3 is actually getting me excited for new games! Quite a few I can't wait to find out more on. From the smaller indies like Below, through to both Destiny and Titanfall looking more interesting than I thought they would. Also can't say no to new Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts and Metal Gear. Will be watching eagerly to see what else comes out of this week ...

Comments