I think ...

... I've really enjoyed the second season of Falling Skies, and it's great to see it picked up for a third season. I like the fact they have managed to retain the human drama, while still expanding on the story behind the alien invasion. Even if they lay on the 'what would we sacrifice to survive?' storylines on a little thick at times, it has probably been my favorite show this year ...

... I was also happy to see The Newsroom picked up for a second season by HBO. Yes, as we talked about before, it is very much 'more Aaron Sorkin', but I happen to like what Aaron Sorkin writes, and I'm liking it more and more every episode as they build on the characters ... also, the theme tune gets stuck in my head all week after every damn episode ...

... my initial impressions of the new Battlenet version for Starcraft 2 have been pretty positive. It definitely makes the custom games much easier to find, rank, and join. There is a lot of creativity on display from the SC2 community, and anything that makes it easier to navigate and find the better efforts is much appreciated ...

... my MMO time has actually been held by our own games again, with some time with The Secret World, and Age of Conan alike, as a player again. When you work on games there are definitely stretches when you are too familiar to enjoy it as a game, as players do, but then I like to take a short break from comprehensive play (as opposed to being on the live servers to keep track of player feedback and trends, which I do regardless) and come back fresh. So right now on another play-through and thoroughly enjoying it ...

... enoyed this years Osheaga festival in Montreal this weekend. Some fantastic bands, great sets and Friday in particular saw some great performances, the highlight for me being Sigur Ros. Best moment however might not have been any of the music ... three drunken college age guys discussing loudly whether or not I was Kevin Smith: 'Dude, I'm telling you, stick a trenchcoat on him, and that is totally Silent Bob.' ... I was impressed they knew who that was, so I just grinned and shrugged, they seemed to appreciate the gesture. That's what I get for wearing my baseball cap backwards. It might also explain why a rather spaced out girl asked me if I could sell her any more drugs ... apparently I look the part ... not sure what that says ... it did however make me want to watch Dogma again, and that is never a bad thing!




Comments