I think ...

... I finished up the third installment of the latest Assassins Creed series, and wound up Enzio's story. Hopefully the change of location and time period will inject some new mechanics and feeling into the series as we move onto Assassins Creed 3 later in the year. As much as I thoroughly enjoyed Enzio's adventures, the city hoping was getting a little tired by the end of game three. The team at Ubisoft had clearly tried to valiantly breathe some new life into things with new distractions, but the city based gameplay, still felt the same. The pace means that Constantinople didn't feel all that different from Rome, which is a shame, because the city itself was so wonderfully crafted ...  

... I'm glad to see that Fringe gets a fifth and final series. The fourth season has gotten better with each episode, and while I'm a little curious to see what direction they take for their final arcs, I'll just be happy to get another year of John Noble ...

... I've also really enjoyed the first season of Persons of Interest. They've built up the characters nicely and should be primed to play more with the machine in season two ...

... my only problem with season two of Games of Thrones is that it isn't into season five or six already. I think I could seriously watch that show go through all the books right now. For such a sprawling narrative the folks at HBO have done an amazing job weaving it into some very watchable TV that doesn't require an in-depth knowledge of the books, yet also doesn't disrespect it ...

... I caught up on American Vampire with the third trade paperback, and I'm still enjoying the setting and characters. It's a neat 'familiar but different' take on the very well trodden vampire story path. The attraction is also in the wonderful style of artist Rafael Albuquerque. I often find that with comics, my own personal opinion of any given series if often as much driven by the art as the writing, this is one of those occasions. The writing is top notch, but the art fits the story perfectly. Well worth checking out if you haven't already ...

... I can't wait to catch The Avengers this weekend!



Comments

Mark Fronstin said…
I read that book three will be divided into season three and then into season four regarding Game of Thrones.