I think...

...only had had a few hours so far with the HD remakes of Ico and Shadows of the Colossus, but it is fun to see them again after so long. It's not often I revisit games, as I usually fear they will suffer compared to what I thought I remembered...but these may be exceptions... 

 ...The Old Republic is pretty much what I think I was expecting. It's a cross between the old KoTR games and an MMO, and I've enjoyed most of the main story-line I've played through. I also kind of like the way they wrapped their tradeskills into the companion system. Not entirely sure how much it will grab me long term, but I'm also prone to over analysing, the ever present professional curiosity gets in the way of thinking about the game as a player might. It definitely nails the Stars Wars aesthitic though, and there will always be something about getting to take a light saber to gunfight for someone of my generation... 

...falling a bit behind on the TV, but iTunes and travel let's me catch up somewhat. Also glad I stuck with Persons of Interest as it is starting to hit a stride and I'm looking forward to see where it's going now that it's opening up the larger storyline...

...also looking forward to next show from Mister Abrams when Alcatraz starts next week... 

...the tech behind the new Tintin movie was impressive, and I enjoyed the film. The technology is fast approaching he day when its starting to avoid the 'uncanny valley' issue. It was also quite interesting to see how much of an homage they were to the old cartoons I used to watch as a kid...


Comments

Burmese said…
The storyline stuff is the only real calling card, rest is vanilla, quest-based MMO in a Star Wars wrapper. Tradeskilling is decent, but nothing to write home about. Tools for developing long-term social structures (what MMO's need to survive past level cap) are almost non-existent. Travel is tedious and ships (homes) lack minimal functionality.
Anonymous said…
SWTOR excels in some points - i realy like the Story, i like the Companions and how you delegate crafting, the aesthetics be done well.
Underlying game is boring - I wont stay.
If TSW isnt the savior i may be out of p2p mmos for a loooong time...
AmandaP said…
I am pleased that SWTOR has more content than I had feared it would. I am a month in and have not reached max level yet (34). There will thus be a few months of retention for me at least knowing my pace. That is the same as most of the MMOs that have launched over the last few years.
Anonymous said…
SWTOR is just more of the same. I am now holding out hope that either TSW or GW2 will finally offer us something other than all this quest consumption linear nonsense.
Anonymous said…
Isnt this SWTOR today a beautyfull picture why a mmorpg is not able ever to satisfy only one PvPer?
They will exploit the hell out of your game and the same time cry loud how bad it is and anybody should avoid it and all players should immedietly cancel their accounts and the developer is the worst evar etc...

You have only 2 chances to make a well recieved PvP game in the mmorpg genre:
Make it highly restricted
Make it selfbalancing
And never ever care what they say how bad it is and whatever - they dont want a good game, they dont want a challenge, they simnply want win as much as possible!!!

Everyone else is either a PvE gamer or a Roleplayer that does occasionally PvP too!