The madness that is comic-con...

It has been a few years (2006 as I recall) since I last got to visit San Diego for the annual geek invasion that is Comic-con and I had forgotten how much I enjoyed the trip. Lovely city, and despite the masses of people that make navigating the convention center something akin to how I imagine passing an asteroid field in the Millennium Falcon felt like (albeit much, much, slower), it is such a fun environment.



Mostly business stuff on the Agenda this time rather than straight promotional activity. Doings lots of work with Paradox here this week in relation to the Conan movie and getting to meet up again with many of Conan partner's group like Dark Horse Comics, and the folks behind the movie at Lionsgate. There will be some cool pictures and updates I'll send from the convention over on the games website later in the week, so keep an eye out...

...but one of the reasons I actually like the organised chaos of a show like this, is getting to meet people...

...so I was delighted to get to be a complete fanboy last night at the preview evening, in meeting the artists behind the wonderful Flight comic anthologies, and the artists were all gracious enough to doddle some illustrated autographs in my copy of the latest edition that they are selling at the convention. No matter how long I am lucky enough to get work in such a creative industry, I still can't help but be a little excited when I get to meet people whose work I really admire.

Anyway, I'll chat a bit more about the show as I explore the other days and hopefully get to report back on some more interesting people...

There is also a real live goldfish bowl in my hotel room, which is awfully trusting of them, but kind of cool. A plaque by his bowl declares his name to be Felix.For some reason having a goldfish in my hotel room makes me smile...


Comments