I think...

...that I might just have finished reading one of the best comic endeavors in recent times. Fresh out in trade paperback is Daytripper by Gabriel Ba and Fabio Moon. The Brazilian pair have fashioned one of the most touching and thought provoking studies on life, material that you usually don't see the medium tackle. I had read that it was good, and it showed well in many 'best of' listings for last year, but all of that barely even started to do it justice. If you read no other comic this year, or even if you shudder at the idea of reading a comic in general, you should read this one... 

...the final season DVD set for Friday Night Lights is now on it's way to my door courtesy of Amazon. I can't wait to catch up with the final act for all the good folks of Dillon, Texas...

...doesn't seem to be much new catching my attention on TV these days, but maybe the fact that I'm just not getting the chance to watch it might be the root cause...

...part of me really wants to watch Your Highness in the hope it might be another potential cult classic, in the same vein as The Princess Bride, but the other parts are warning me that might be aiming high... 


Comments