Potential geeky TV Overload!

It wasn't enough that there was an announcement that someone was making a TV show based on Terry Pratchett's Diskworld books...which to be honest would have been a perfectly acceptable amount of good potential TV news...

...then it also transpires that Pratchett and Gaiman's Good Omens, one of my favorite books of all time, is also being given the TV treatment, with Terry Jones of Monty Python fame on board to help with the script...

...then I saw that one of my favorite, but ever so slightly surreal comics, Chew, has also been optioned for a TV treatment, which is all kinds of awesome I simply never expected to see.

Throw in the fact that Fringe was officially renewed for a fourth season and it makes for a very, very good news week...

...I even had to double check that it wasn't a cruel April fools joke...cannot wait to see what might come out of those adaptations!

Comments

Stropp said…
There are already a couple of TV miniseries set in the Discworld universe that I've seen, including The Color of Magic, and Going Postal. Both of these were made in the UK. Both were very enjoyable.
Craig Morrison said…
Yup, there was the Hogfather as well, and the animated version of one of the witches books (forget which though)..I will always look forward to Pratchett adaptations...and I have wanted to see a version of Good Omens since I read it. There was talk for a while of Terry Gilliam doing it, which would have been amazing, but I'll settle for this one!
Trigger said…
There was a BBC version of Dirk Gently being done as well but I dont think it made it to the BBC US channel