I think...

...I had a good week for movies. Last week it was the excellent, Rango, which was so much more than I was expecting. I would have been happy if it was a 'watchable by adults' kids movie with a few good one-liners thrown in. What you get is an amazingly fun adventure, with great characters, and an ever so slightly subversive and surreal tilt (seriously, a kids movie that name-checks Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas...all kinds of awesome) all rendered in some of the best animation I have seen. Definitely an early candidate for my movie of the year. This week it was catching Paul, which was simply good fun with more geek in-jokes than you can shake a stick at. Simon Pegg and Nick Frost work so well together, and the supporting cast all chip in well. It's all very ridiculous, but it's good cinema brain candy...

...Anna Torv channeling Leonard Nimoy on Fringe this week was actually a little creepy. I can't have imagined asking someone to try and play 'as if possessed by Leonard Nimoy'...but if I had, that was pretty much as well as you could do...complete with eyebrows...

...finally bit the bullet and switched to playing on a US account for Starcraft 2, so had to leave behind my (admittedly modest) rankings and start again from scratch. Not sure I will fair any better, but time shall tell...

...MMO time has been squeezed a bit by the travelling and workload, but been trying to check out both Rift and the new EQ2 expansion. As a huge fan of the original Velious expansion back in EQ1 it has been kind of fun, if only for nostalgia reasons, to return to the icy continent...it does make me miss the insane, but hugely enjoyable, quests like the Shawl and ring quests. Scars of Velious was released over a decade ago, but it still might be my favorite MMO expansion...



Comments

AmandaP said…
were you tempted to go back and play on the EQ retro server they just started to get a chance to play Velious again?
Craig Morrison said…
Given they have re-introduced the original levelling pace, I am pretty sure I wouldn't have the time for all of that again...I had a LOT more free time the first time around ;)