The Random Pathos of Keanu Reeves...

The what?

Figured I had to kick the year off with a wonderfully random post title...but bear with me...

Just had to share one of the stranger thought processes that a gaming session triggered over the weekend. I had resolved to spend the last day of the holiday break climbing my 2v2 ladder in Starcraft 2. I had been stuck at rank one or two in my bronze league since release, and I really wanted to try to climb up. So I sat down and started to play. After a couple of promising wins I started to lose. Then I lost some more, then some more. It wasn't always poor partners, and it wasn't always bad choices, there were some good games in there, but I kept losing. Soon, pretty much without realizing, I had racked up ten loses in a row...then I was determined to snap the streak, and tried harder...no good, another few losses...the harder I tried the worse it got...at which point my brain randomly started playing a word association in my head and made me think of this scene...sorry Keanu...I don't know what I was afraid of, but I don't think it was spiders...

...I did know the feeling though...

...I lost sixteen games in a row before I figured the best bet was to walk away and try again another day...

Comments

Blinker said…
LOL, maybe you should just call it quits, and thanks for reminding me of the almighty cheese that was 'The Replacements' :P
DaveW said…
I know the feeling of only being in a bronze ladder, I just cant keep up with the speed you need to execute things at to compete at a real level in Starcraft 2. I much prefer to just play with friends.
Anonymous said…
Thats how i feel daily since you introduced forced pug minis in AoC