I think...

...Fringe really hit the mark for me this week. I enjoyed Christopher Lloyd's turn as Walter's musical hero, he is usually worth watching and didn't disappoint. (On a side note I also couldn't help but presume that naming the episode 'Firefly' was a veiled reference to Fox shifting the show to a Friday time-slot that has seen the demise of shows like Firefly). I tend to enjoy the episodes where the writers play with the Observers ability to interfere with time, and the consequences that come with it, even if it results in some 'I saw that coming' moments. The Twin Peaks reference to Doctor Jacoby and his blue and red glasses was fun for those of us old enough to remember Twin Peaks. Lastly, I had to smile at Peter verbalizing what many of us think when watching any show from Abrams, Orci, and Kurtzman - "All we ever seem to get is more questions rather than any answers"...first show in a long time that I get the unavoidable urge to be very fanboy about...

...it's nice to be back in Oslo for the week. Slightly warmer (or should that be slightly less cold??) than Montreal, and good to catch up with folks at the studio here as well...

...I needed a change of pace for my reading schedule, which has been lots of science fiction of late, so I picked up a couple of the Murakami books that I haven't read yet. One of the benefits of being introduced to an author many years after they were first published, is that there is a good back catalog to work through!

...I have been going through my semi-occasional gaming habit of flicking between all the MMOs I haven't played in a while to catch up on what they done over the last year. So logged some time on Star Trek Online for the first time since it launched, tried a bit of EQ2 ahead of their next expansion, poked into Darkfall a little, and explored the new EVE expansion, if only to play with the pretty cool new character creation options that came with the latest release. Also picked up a copy of DC Universe for the Playstation (curious to try the console version so went for that!), but haven't had the time to give it a good play-through yet.

Comments

Blinker said…
I love, love, love Fringe. I heard the ratings were good for their first Friday slot, so a promising start!
Anonymous said…
About Murakami. When you get the chance you should read all three 1Q84… Which is just such a marvelous story!
Craig Morrison said…
I will definitely be checking those out once the translations are released
Anonymous said…
Oww! You forgot to try out AoC as well while flicking through the games you haven't played for a while! You should, the game is amazing! It got some flaws, sure, but I'm sure the director will straighten them up rather sooner than later! Hopefully starting with merges and combo skipping! ^^

Love your ramblings by the way, loads of good reading! :)
Craig Morrison said…
@Anonymous 00:20 as always Conan is my work and goes without saying. Lots of testing at the moment with the Dreamworld Integration so logging many an hour on the test servers at the moment :)
Daimler said…
Do you really consider however much you can play five different MMOs in a month 'playing'? How much can you really see in that time?
Craig Morrison said…
Well, when I go back to games I have generally played them quite a bit in the past, so I can dive back in without too much of an investment of time. So for example In EVE I think I'm around 30 million skillpoints, in the late 80s in EQ2, mid levels in STO so far and have multiple level 80s in Conan. Outside of our own games, I tend to get to the higher levels and then jump about between games, and keep sampling, rather than just playing one single game on a weekly basis.

I am sure part of it is because I approach them as much out of professional curiosity as I do as a gamer ;)
Richter said…
I find it hard to 'go back' to an MMO I used to play. We all like to bitch and moan that they are slow adding content but I usually find myself completely lost if I return after any reasonable sized absence.

So once they have lost me I tend to stay away unfortunately. The only exception is probably AO but that was my first MMO and I have so many friends there.

Great community (but I guess you know that already)