I think...

...a week until Civilisation V appears, can't wait to try some empire building again. After the frantic nature of Starcraft 2 I am about ready for a more sedate (but no less compulsive) strategic experience....

...Angry Birds might just be the most frustrating, but also the most addictive little app I have played on the iPhone yet. Slightly late to the party, but felt I had to check it out finally...and it is every bit as compelling and 'one more turn' inducing as I had been told. Maddeningly frustrating in places too though...

...my non-Conan MMO time has been pretty diversely split at the moment. Checking out the new free to play versions of both EQ2 and LOTRO, still pottering around Fallen Earth a little, and spent some time checking out the Planetary Interaction feature in EVE that I missed when it came out a few months ago...so more a period of sampling from the MMO buffet rather than being drawn into one single game...

...William Gibson's Zero History is a good read so far. I have enjoyed this current trilogy much more than some of his other work. I thought it was because the setting is a little easier to relate to, but I think the characters also resonate due to how people have to adapt to our ever changing world and how technology impacts us at every turn...

...The BBC's modern day re-telling of the Sherlock Holmes stories, Sherlock, was well written and well played throughout. The challenge of making the great detective's deductive powers mean something in a modern setting when science and everything CSI rule was very well handled...worth catching if you get the chance...just beware the ending, it will leave you cursing them and wanting more!


Comments

Livewire said…
Angry Birds is evil!!! Worst time sink since Tetris if you ask me
iBrock said…
If you haven't done so, try George RR Martin's 'A Song of Ice and Fire' series. A TV miniseries is in production of the first volume.

Martin's world isn't especially complex, but is politically alive with vivid and sympathetic (and always morally ambiguous) characters.

Good bedtime reading.
Blocked said…
You didn't miss much with the PI in EVE, many of us pilots were very disappointed in what it brought to the game. I think it was a lot of time on something to appeal more to the casual crowd. If you are an empire spacer rather than a hardcore I guess it adds another time sink you have to check in on frequently ;)