Elvelangs i fakkellys...

To the non-Norwegians that translates as as 'River walk by torchlight', this annual event in Oslo is exactly that...music, art, photography and other exhibits lining a 8km route along the river... a touch wet this year, but still some good pictures to be had...This was the tenth year for this event and it was actually the first time I had the chance to go, so even the rain didn't dampen the spirits (although it did mean we had to retreat before the end)

This guy was the coolest part of the evening for me...


Elvelangs i fakkellys 2010

...wait to you see what instrument he was playing...


Elvelangs i fakkellys 2010

...I had never seen anything like that before. My significant other reliably informs me it is a Carillon, amazing sight...and I have now committed to having one in our living room at some stage...

Elvelangs i fakkellys 2010

...and if you are curious what it sounds like, I couldn't help but grab some video too...




...another interesting night...you can find all the pictures over on Flickr, including some very wet pictures of fire juggling in the rain!

Comments

AmandaP said…
omg, I soooo want one of those too! How much do you reckon one of those things costs?
Vegar Sandholt said…
Hi Amanda! You may buy one for 1.5 mill NOK.
AmandaP said…
That sounds like a lot of money!
Craig Morrison said…
Yup, that would be around a quarter of a million dollars Amanada! Guess not so much of a chance of one ending up in my living room after all!